FINALLY! I have been testing out vegan / gluten free pancakes recipes for months and they have always turned out terrible – Until NOW! Today, I feel like I have mastered the recipe! These are so delicious to enjoy anytime of year, but especially during the fall season! Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
1 cup cashew milk (I blended 1/2 cup cashews with 1 cup water to make this right before)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (If you done have oat flour, put 1/2 oats into a blender or food processor)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 flax egg
- Make flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed, 3 tbsp water) and set aside
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients (except flax egg) in the order I have them listed above, mixing as you go
- Add in flax egg and mix together well
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat – do not allow the pan to get to hot.
- Pour a tsp of avocado oil onto the pan, pour batter onto warm skillet. Allow the pancakes to cook and firm up before flipping over, otherwise they will turn into mush. I would say about 3-5 min on each side depending on the thickness and width.
- Once pancakes are cooked, top with your favorite toppings. I used a tbsp on coconut butter and it was delicious 🙂