24 Sep PUMPKIN BREADPrint
The weekend kicked off the fall season and I could not help myself but to make everything pumpkin! This vegan + gluten free pumpkin bread was an experiment that turned out so well I had to share! Hope you all enjoy!
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ¼ cup melted avocado oil
- ¼ cup tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves or 2 drops of clove essential oils
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, avocado oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In the same bowl, add the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Mix together well.
- Add in flax egg and whisk together until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 65 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2-3 hours, or until completely cool. Lift out, slice and enjoy!