This recipe was inspired by my husband Clark eating too many Trader Joe’s ice cream cookie sandwiches. Now, I do love Trader Joes, but those cookie sandwiches do not have the cleanest ingredients; so I wanted to create a healthy version he could enjoy without causing harmful effects to his health! I am all about that REAL FOOD. So here it is and it is delicious!
Almond Butter Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 Almond Butter (I used Better Almond Butter for this recipe)
1 flax egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp coconut oil
Vanilla Bean Nice Cream Ingredients:
4 frozen bananas
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- Mix well and form 1-2 inch balls with the cookie dough.
- Plate them on a cookie sheet a few inches from each out and smash them down with a fork until flat
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
While the cookies are baking, make the “nice” cream:
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a freeze safe container and place in freezer for an hour.
Once the cookies are done, let cool until ice cream hardens.
Then you are ready to assemble your cookie sandwiches and roll the outside in chocolate chips or whichever food you please!