01 Oct THE HEALTHY B PASTAPrint
Pasta is a staple in our house. It is simple, easy, delicious and can be prepared very healthy! Below is my go-to pasta recipe. You can double the recipe and entertain with it too! Add a yummy baguette and a mixed greens salad and you are set!
- 1 Box of gluten free organic lentil pasta (I like Whole Foods brand or Trader Joes)
- 1 Jar of organic pasta sauce (I like Thrive Market Brand or Whole Foods)
- 1 large organic zucchini
- 1 large organic red pepper
- 1/4 lb of organic mushrooms
- 1 small organic onion
- 3 gloves organic garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Alternatively if you do not have fresh veggies available, buying organic frozen mixed veggies is a great option and something I do often when I am in a time crunch and cannot make it to the grocery store!
- Boil water for the noodles and prepare noodles per instructions on box
- In a medium sauté pan, add olive oil, garlic and onion. Allow to sautés together.
- Add all veggies to sauté pan and allow to simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Add jar of pasta sauce, bring everything to a medium simmer, cover and allow to cook together for 10-15 min
- Strain noodles, add sauce, mix together and ENJOY!
You can top with some micro greens and organic dairy or vegan cheese